Saturday, March 2, 2013

Cool Find

I found this very cool framed picture at a garage sale in Sun City Lincoln Hills today. The picture appears to have been taken back in the 40s or 50s in San Francisco at some sort of running event. The runners name is Lou Pinache. The lady at the garage sale said the man holding the finishers tape was the mayor of San Francisco. But I have some doubts about that. It appears that Lou is running barefooted. Notice on his T-shirt that he is advertising for Maher's paint. It's an actual company that I think still exists today in Ohio. The lady at the sale wanted five dollars for the picture. I gave her the single dollar I had in my wallet and all the change my pocket which amounted to about $2.35. To me it is priceless and I look forward to hanging it up in my new office. When I told the lady at the sale what I planned to do with the picture she told me the picture had hung in her husband's office for many years as well. So the tradition continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment